An external review of governance looks at how well your school’s governing body is working. An external system leader or governance professional works with the governing body, headteacher and clerk to improve the performance of your governing body.
You can arrange an external review of governance at any time to improve the effectiveness of the work of your governing body.
The review will help your governing body identify priorities for improvement, and provide support on what steps to take.
The key aim of the review is to help your governing body to:
· be more skilled, focused and effective
· be more aware of the freedoms that it has to work in different ways
· be clear in its vision for the school or academy and how, together with the school leadership team, it can achieve this
· be confident that it has a clear delineation of roles and responsibilities
· have the right number of skilled and committed governors to meet the needs of the school or academy
· hold school leaders to account for improving outcomes for all pupils, including those who are disadvantaged
· be clear about how it ensures that its young people are well prepared to be responsible citizens in Britain
For more information, please contact email@example.com or phone 01905 950700
Bespoke support / training is available for Governing Bodies to meet the needs of individual schools. We are also able to provide training for new Governors; introducing them to the role and new responsibilities.
Training available throughout the school year:
Safeguarding for staff and governors "Explained in a very understanding and empathetic way."
New Governor Training "I have a better understanding of the role of Governor because of this training."
Data & Safeguarding
Further details available here:http://www.riversteachingalliance.co.uk/continuing-professional-development/